Thursday, December 10, 2009

Recycling Ad Nauseum

Connie brought up an interesting question last night: Are aerosol cans recyclable?

I wasn't sure but I'd thought they were. Maybe I'd seen some in the scrap metal bin at City Garbage? Couldn't remember.

So I e- mailed the Arcata Recycling Center and asked them. Here's their prompt response:

"If the cans are COMPLETELY EMPTY they can be recycled with all the other container recyclables (plastic bottles, aluminum cans, etc.).
Thanks for being so conscientious!"

One less thing to throw in the garbage. They should probably point that out on their web site. I didn't see it listed.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for continuing to ask questions about recycling in Eureka, Fred. I appreciate it.

It's good to know about the aerosol cans.

By the way, I put those paper shreds into my recycling bin. Lots of them. Without putting them in paper bags first. Wanna know what happened when the truck came by to empty the bin? Not a single shred fell onto the street or sidewalk! Even though the wind was a-howling that day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home