Sunday, July 18, 2010

Dale Ogden For Governor?

At this point I think that's how I might be voting in November. Dale Ogden is the Libertarian Party candidate this time around. Am I wasting my vote? Hard to say.

I really don't have much of a beef with either Brown or Whitman. I don't think either of them can do much to get this state out of the mess it's in. California is unfixable.

I was actually favoring Brown over Whitman, earlier on. I kind of like his offbeat approach to issues. He was even quoted in the paper a while ago as saying "We have too many laws already". Wow! And that from a Democrat?

He's also done a few other admirable things from my perspective. One of them being joining the lawsuit against Chicago's handgun ban in his role as Attorney General, pissing off a lot of those from the Left.

But, he supports AB32 (that global warming prevention law) and opposes Prop 23- the upcoming ballot initiative to suspend AB32. Last I heard Christine Whitman supported suspending AB23, although I suppose that could still change.

I'd almost give Whitman the edge, at this point, although I can't help but think either of them would be willing to sign bad bills into law as our current Governator has.

I don't know that it will matter who wins. I don't see any compelling reason to chose one over the other, from a libertarian perspective, so I think this is the perfect opportunity to again throw away my vote on the Libertarian Party candidate.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Mr. Nice said...

Pro-choice on everything.

 
At 6:41 PM, Anonymous dog said...

Cripes Fred

I thought you wrote David Ogden.

Gotta get some new glasses

 

Post a Comment

<< Home