Thursday, January 14, 2016

Cell Phone Bought

I ended up buying this phone yesterday from the Tracfone web site. Funny thing is I can't remember the name right now and I don't think it's listed anymore on that site. Around $43 with shipping. It has wifi an 3 or 4g capability. Not sure about much else, which is why I went for the lower cost phone.

Went to Radio Shack yesterday to get some actual face time with a sales guy only to find they don't carry Tracfone anymore. He recommended CVS, next door. Went there and they just had two old, cheap phones like the one I had years ago. Sales girl didn't seem to be phone savvy but recommended Target as having all kinds of phones.

I didn't feel like going to Target so just told myself I'd take a chance and buy a decent looking one from the Tracfone site. I might well be disappointed eventually. They say 3 days shipping with Fedex but I never received confirmation of my purchase.

6 Comments:

At 6:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BYOP

http://tracfonereviewer.blogspot.com/p/tracfone-byop-phone-list.html

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Thanx. Good info on using non- Tracfones with Tracfone. I was under the impression just about any phone could be converted. Looks like one worry I have isn't there. Buying minutes does everything:
"For example, if you get a 60 minute card, you would get 180 texts, 180 mb data and 180 calling minutes."

That should be enough for me. I'm wondering about roaming now. They say those smart phones don't get roaming reliably, but I don't know that the one I have is considered a smart phone.

 
At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have an iPhone and use tracfone as my carrier(they piggy back on Verizon's network)and have experienced no problems making phone calls when out of Humboldt County, specifically the San Francisco Bay Area.

 
At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too have a iPhone 5s on tracfone. Worked great all over a big western states tour. Bought the phone off Gazelle website, I think I paid about $290 for a 32gig.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Julie Timmons said...

The folks at Target are VERY knowledgeable about tracfone and its uses. Ask for Dionna.

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

"The folks at Target are VERY knowledgeable about tracfone and its uses."

Probably too late now, unless the new phone is a total failure but, thanx, I'll go to them if necessary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home