Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Taxpayer's League To Address Council

The moment we've all been waiting for is around the corner! The Board of Directors of the Humboldt Taxpayer's League has agreed to meet with the Eureka City Council regarding their threatened lawsuit over the waterfront redevelopment project. I'll have to say that, at this point, I don't know what can be said that hasn't been said already. Everyone should know by now what the Directors of the League want and, seems to me, the City has already responded. But maybe I haven't been paying close enough attention.

Of most interest to me is whether the League will permanently drop the lawsuit. I suspect that won't come out at this meeting though. Word is, if the League does drop the lawsuit, some other entity might well pursue it. Wonder who that might be? A little bird told me that it would be board member Howard Rein, himself. That's second hand information, so don't bet money on it.

It will be nice to get everything out in the open, though, and hopefully get the Taxpayer's League distanced somewhat from the lawsuit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home