Thursday, January 19, 2006

More Bad News For An Old Guy

It seems as you get older, more and more bad things happen. It's bad enough being fifty years old with less and less to look forward to. I guess it's par for the course, then, to be checking out my blog list this morning and find out that Loompanics Publishing, one of those outfits who's catalog is as fun to read as the books they sell, is closing its doors. Bummer.

I'll admit I haven't bought anything from Loompanics for years. I think the last book I bought from them was my heart throb, Claire Wolfe's, 101 Things To Do 'Til The Revolution (no longer in print, I believe. This is its replacement). Nonetheless, this is a sad day indeed, as it's just one more enjoyable thing I found in life that has gone by the wayside and will likely never be replaced. Kinda like when Tom's Sourdough Pizza, in Eureka, sold out and closed its doors. Sure, Babetta's bought the building and, while the owners are long time friends of mine, it's just not the same.

Claire Wolfe has her take on the Loompanics closing here. Except for some rambling in her beginning, I couldn't have said it better myself, at least in the short time I have now. I gotta go to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home