Wednesday, March 08, 2006

St. Joes Layoffs

Eeeghads! What is happening with St. Joseph's Hospital? Probably a year or so ago I commented here on some plans St. Joes had for expansion and I suggested that perhaps some of the other hospitals in the state that were failing should look to St. Joes for the way to get their house in order. I guess I spoke too soon.

This isn't too much of a surprise to me, though. I figured something might be in the works when I heard of their upper management shake up a few weeks ago. Seems often as not, when management gets shaken up, so does everyone else. I just hope they can keep the place up and running with the level of service they currently provide.

I'd like to know how they went in the hole in the first place? I realize it costs an awful lot to run that place but you'd think they'd at least bring in enough money to break even. Looks like they're millions of dollars in debt. We need to keep our hospitals up and running. You don't want to have to drive to Redding or Santa Rosa just for an outpatient visit to a hospital. Trust me. I know what that's like, and worse.

1 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They should get all the guys in suits out of the hospital business and give it back to the nuns.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home