Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Confusion Hill Bypass "Begins"

I don't know why they titled this Eureka Reporter article on the Confusion Hill bypass the way they did. Construction on the bypass "began" earlier this summer.

But, as I alluded to in my last travelogue, you can see the frame of the bridge being built now. Seems to be moving right along. Hope I live long enough to see it completed.

One thing I hadn't really thought about was that tourist trap just a few hundred feet south of the slide area. Looks like they're going to be left out in the cold once the bypass is put in. Now they pretty much have a "captive audience", if you will: People have to go right by that place if they're driving on Highway 101.

I guess the owner's got a plan to get people to keep coming there. I'd suggest trying to get a sign up somewhere along the bypass letting people know they're still there. After all, it's not like there's all kinds of places to stop for food and drink down in that area.

I've never stopped there before but I think I might actually prefer stopping at the Confusion Hill place, at least in the summer time, cause it's got lot's of shade. The same can't really be said about the Cook Valley place at the south end of Richardson Grove.

Has anyone ever stopped by that Confusion Hill tourist trap and partaken of their food or drink? What's it like? Typical tourist trap?

15 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Blogger Nick Bravo said...

typical tourist trap. Food there is overpriced and downright lousy. It's a nice little place to waste an hour or so, just be sure to have your own food.

 
At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Nick, where ya been? Thought maybe the demons within you that thirst for chaos and destruction had finally finished you off this time!

 
At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nick Bravo said...
typical tourist trap. Food there is overpriced and downright lousy. It's a nice little place to waste an hour or so, just be sure to have your own food.
10:27 AM

==> I have a different point of view. Back around 1960, my family spent a memorable afternoon at Confusion Hill. We had a lot of fun there. We laughed like crazy at the water that runs uphill and the room with the floor too steep to walk across, even though it looks just like a regular room!

I am well over 50 now. Of all the days I've spent on earth, one that I will never forget is that day. The day my Mom and Dad and brother and sister and I played together for hours at Confusion Hill.

 
At 2:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know why they titled this Eureka Reporter article on the Confusion Hill bypass the way they did. Construction on the bypass "began" earlier this summer.

They were confused. You see, not only does water run uphill there, but time flows backwards.

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger Nick Bravo said...

anon 10:39 I was commenting on the food. I visited it back in 2000 and while the food was bad I spent a good hour in that little building where the gravity distortion is localized. It really is a great place to spend some time and I wasn't trying to dissuade others from doing so.

Perhaps I should put some stuff about confusion hill on my forum http://radicalnebraskan.com/forum/YaBB.pl

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger Nick Bravo said...

Anon 11:51, I am the demon, I am the god, I am the universe....and you are all these things to, as is everyone else.

Meditate upon this.

 
At 6:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spent a good hour in that little building where the gravity distortion is localized.

Ahhh, thaaaat explains it! Was that the beginning of... you know, the troubles?

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Nick Bravo said...

LOL! I see you survived your "fast" anon, course pizza and beer don't really count as "water" but hey that's your issue.

Come visit my forum, unless yer chicken.

 
At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you get it Nick? When you stepped into the gravity distortion you opened a portal to another dimension and brought Anon into OUR WORLD! Damn you Bravo! Damn You!

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Derchoadus said...

Geeez Bravo, give us all a break and stop pimpin' for that Internet 'Cul-De-Sac' you call a blog (and I mean the literal french translation).

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Nick Bravo said...

It's a forum, not a blog dumbass.

My blog is nickbravo.blogspot.com

My forum radicalnebraskan.com

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a forum? I thought it was an empty, echoing museum of your own peculiar obsessions.

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Nick Bravo said...

Anon 1239, why are you so full of hatred? Did your daddy not love you enough?

If you don't like my forum then don't go there.. You could post something, but we all know you're too chicken to post in my territory.

 
At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Anon 1239, why are you so full of hatred? Did your daddy not love you enough?"

If only you could wake up and see that you're talking to the mirror.

"If you don't like my forum then don't go there.."

Who said they don't like your forum? They just said it was "an empty, echoing museum of your own peculiar obsessions."

"You could post something, but we all know you're too chicken to post in my territory."

But posting anything would ruin the quiet museum ambience!

 
At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

More real original thought going on at radicalnebraskan.com then at Eric or Joel's crappy blogs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home