Saturday, March 28, 2015

Lost Horizon

We were watching a TV show last night. One of those History Channel ones dealing with ancient astronauts. They got into a thing for a while about caves and how some believe aliens might have lived in them. Seems a rather odd idea to me, but they showed a bunch of caves believed by locals to have mystical powers at least in part because of ancient aliens.

For some reason that got me to thinking about a movie I saw a long time ago where some travelers were trekking through the snow, found a cave, entered it and came out on the other side where there was a utopian hidden valley. Fun movie, from what I remember, but what was it called? The name Shangri La came to mind so I did a search on Shangri La this morning and it turns out the movie was called Lost Horizon.

Looking at the Wikipedia entry it seems the original movie was filmed in 1937. Wikipedia also lists a number later releases and remakes. I wonder which one I saw? It might have been the 1942 version, The Lost Horizon of Shangri La, if only because I remembered the Shangri La part. 

Anybody else see this one? I'm gonna have to keep an eye out and watch it again. Don't remember much except enjoying it.

2 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a shame the name of a cable channel doesn't indicate the channel's contents.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Julie Timmons said...

The one that everyone has seen was the 1942 version (think that was the year) starring Ronald Coleman.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home