Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Cell Phone Tips

From CNET comes just what I was looking for; Top Phone Tricks You're Probably Not Using. I made the mistake earlier on with my phone of following the manufacturer's advice and password protecting it. I thought at the time I'd probably regret it and I was right. Now I have to enter  a password just to answer the phone.They described one tip as making it so you wouldn't need a password if you're in a safe location such as at home. That sounded perfect, except the instructions haven't worked for me, at least not yet.

It said to go to Settings, then select Security , then Smart Lock. Then you can supposedly set what location(s) you want as safe zones. Except i can't find Smart Lock on my phone, so that idea was a bust. It iwill be fun if I can actually get that done, though. I'll try later.

I'll try some of the other tips later, too.


2 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your first link is to an e-mail that none of us can read.

For Smart Lock, you need to upgrade to the latest version of Android. Some Android phones make upgrading difficult.

Contrary to the common instructions, you may need to do:

Settings > Security > Trust Agents > Smart Lock.

After turning on Smart Lock, access it by:

Settings > Security > Smart Lock

 
At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ow is PW. I didn't notice spell checker changing it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home