Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Bennu Asteroid Threat Minimal

I'm surprised I haven't read about the Bennu asteroid in Earth/Sky News. Bennu is an asteroid that poses at least some threat to the Earth, albeit in 150 years or so. I'm guessing there must have been a lot of hype over it when it was discovered, although this is the first I've heard of it. Just as well, me being a worrier about all potential disasters.

But, Time magazine explains it's not as big of a deal as some are suggesting. Too many variables in play to say it will definitely hit the earth although it already crosses our orbit path a few times each year.

Okay. I'll go back to worrying now.

2 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're worried, either start lobbying for Congress to give NASA a reasonable budget to begin serious work on thwarting near-Earth threats, or start praying.

I'm pretty sure only NASA will give us a viable solution, but as is, everyone is relying on prayer to save us.

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You must have received the same telegram. Mine read"Start worrying, details to follow." 😃 Seriously, by then science will hopefully have something to blast it into fragments before impact!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home