Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Conspiracy Skeptics

I just stumbled on to this Skeptoid web site. They apparently try and debunk conspiracy theories. Today they take to task those that don't believe we landed on the moon. I'm not sure I found their arguments all that compelling, but I don't find the conspiracy theories all that compelling, either. I'll be checking back with these guys to see where else they go.

As far as the moon goes, I've always wondered if some of the junk we've left up there might be big enough to reflect sunlight that we could see with a telescope from Earth? You'd have to know where to look, but that shouldn't be hard to figure out, then look for a little point of light on the moon's surface. Be neat if you could see something like that.

1 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger MOLA:42 said...

They look at the junk all the time.

They even left laser reflectors that are regularly used to measure the distance from Earth to Moon to tiny numbers (it varies from moment to moment).

One of the conspiracies state that Stanley Kubrick directed the moon landing footage for NASA. If that were the case, then he did a much better job with 2001.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home