Sunday, October 30, 2016

Politics In The Gym

I thought this a cute article in the Ozy e-mail list's mailer for today. The credit is given to Eugene Robinson, although I'm not sure he's putting himself in the role of the one making the pro- Trump argument. I do like the way he describes partisan beliefs yet keeps himself clear of that fight:

"The allegations have definitely been troubling. Who wants to hear that about a guy you’re supporting? But most people who are against him are going to believe the charges, and those that support him are going to write them off. I try to be objective and not inject what I want to be true vs. what the evidence says."

That really is true. If someone is a supporter of one or the other candidate, they'll blow off unpleasant accusations. Opponents would most certainly believe them. I like the way the writer points that out.

Since Sally has exposed and embarrassed herself as a Trump voter, I guess her and I are going to have to go to the gym and duke it out, regardless of what we want to believe.

As an aside, I find that Ozy e-mail list interesting. Not sure how I got on it but they often include at least one story I'll find interesting each day. There's a link to sign up for the list at the top right of the page.

2 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the informative article, Fred. However, I feeli must tell you I'm Krav Magra trained. An expert, of course, after an eight week class.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Ooops! Looks like I got into this over my head.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home