Tuesday, November 01, 2016

Green Party Endorses Trump?

The headline in today's Daily Kos e-mail reads , "Yes, the Green Party has endorsed Trump over Clinton". Reading further, I'm not so sure I'd call it an endorsement. It started out with a comment some green made on Facebook: "…A Clinton presidency is D A N G E R O U S … If a Trump presidency would mean that we have to fight ignorants in the streets—I’m ready for that. “

Jill Stein replied, " I couldn’t have said it better.

And that's what set it off. I'm not sure I'd call that an endorsement, but certainly close to it and it's a pleasure to see the Greens, who I figure are generally less adept at thinking outside the box than most, accept the dangers inherent in a Clinton presidency.

What's really fun is reading the comments below the related article where Democrats really run down the Greens, the likes of which beats any criticisms I've seen of the Libertarian Party by Republicans.

5 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A troll with his own blog. Goodie.

 
At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clinton represents more of the same, which isn't great, but won't affect me directly in any meaningful way except rising poverty around me and more dumb kids dying in military conflicts because they joined the military because it's an available job.

Trump represents giving the keys to the radical right, which will affect nearly every facet of my life. We're talking about people who embrace a global snuff fantasy (their 'end times' beliefs, which are a glorious and soon-to-happen event, from their perspective). And the most powerful among them want to encourage it happening as soon as possible. No thanks.

 
At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Media hates trump, banks, politicians of both sides, etc. The enemy of my enemies is my friend.

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Words cannot express my deep disappointment in Jill Stein and her comments regarding Hillary Clinton. It shows her ignorance of the difference between the two, regarding which one poses the bigger threat to nuclear war.
Trump asked the question: "Why can't we just bomb the shi* out of them?"... and then said he would bomb the shi* out of them, meaning ISIS. The man clearly has no understanding of the devastation war brings, with or without nuclear weapons., and he has no "filter" He just says whatever pops into his egotistical brain. Hillary on the other hand, has successfully negotiated to avoid the use of nuclear weapons, and is well respected around the globe. The choice is clear! Hillary knows the dangers, knows how to navigate them, and has a record success. Donald has nothing, but self serving ego, and a record as a sexual predator. So would you rather vote for someone who used the wrong server, or a self described sexual predator, failed businessman, pathological liar, etc.! I hope Jill rethinks her decision! In the meantime, I will stop volunteering for the Green Party!

 
At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeh. currently small big bombs only please says Hillary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home