Monday, January 02, 2017

Litter In Great Britian

I found this article in City Journal an enjoyable read. The writer is a doctor who looks at the trash he finds on his walk every day, then he looks at the people that dump that trash. He's convinced at least some know they're doing wrong by littering, but don't care. 

Whether we can draw similarities between American culture and British in regards trash, I don't know. I do think the vast majority of litter I see around town every day is dropped accidentally. For instance; something blown out of the back of a pick up truck. From the way he tells it, I don't think people around here are that bad, with the exception of those homeless folks that leaves piles of trash everywhere.

One similarity I do see between us and the British, is most trash I do find seems to be discarded food wrappers or beverage containers.

2 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Blogger blut said...

TL;DR
Fred, did you rad that entire article?
I read about a third of the way and decided it wasn't worth continuing.
How can someone be so long winded?
I know it is a slow news day but give me a break.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I think the reason I enjoyed reading it was he was running down litterbugs, but in a very polite way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home