Friday, June 30, 2006

Voter Stuff

I see local voting reform gadfly Dave Berman got a two- fer today with two different opinion pieces in both the Eureka Reporter and Times- Standard on the same day.

I'll have to admit I didn't read either of them. Too many words for my attention span. Keep in mind, Dave, the more words you use, the less likely it is that someone will bother reading them. In my case, I often don't even bother starting to read them if they're too long.
*********

Scott Menzies, of the Humboldt Voter Association, informs me they're planning on doing another demonstration of Instant Runoff Voting during the November election. They're also planning a demonstration of Proportional Representation for Arcata that same election.

They'll be having a preliminary organizational meeting in August. If interested in getting involved or learning more about IRV, PR or the demonstration itself, contact Scott.

2 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All's quiet on the western blogs.

 
At 2:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave, I admire you. You are omnipresent, but....slow down. Life is richer than the reward of uncovering the truth that things are like sausage making--it may be ugly, but it is vital.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home