Sunday, October 29, 2006

You can go back to bed now

Some of you probably got up an hour early today, depending on how you look at it. Daylight Savings Time ended this morning. As for me, I didn't forget about it but didn't set the clocks back yet. Don't really have to as the clock on the computer automatically reminds me. Of course, that's after I've already gotten up.

I remembered when I woke up this morning. Wasn't sure whether to try to sleep in, or get up at the usual time and have an extra hour. I compromised and got out of bed at 4:30 instead of 5:00.

I've wondered in the past if Daylight Savings Time is more trouble than it's worth. This time around I was kind of glad to see it come to an end. I wanted the sun to come up earlier. Problem is, I don't know that I want the sun to go down an hour earlier. Too bad I can't have it both ways.

I'm not sure just when I like the sun to come up. I know I like it to be light enough around 7:30am that I can prepare breakfast and read the paper without having to turn the lights on. At the same time, the extended darkness makes me feel comfortable wasting my time away on the computer. I figure I can't really do anything else but fool with the computer until the sun's up anyway.

I'll have to wait and see how I feel about all this after a few days. Thing is, if I end up wishing the sun came up later, there's not a whole lot I can do about it, although I suppose I could always set the clocks back to what they were before Daylight Savings Time ended.

Now there's the libertarian option: Change the time to whatever I want it to be, keeping in mind the sun will rise and set according to its own schedule like it always has.

5 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THIS JUST IN . FLASH ! FLASH ! FLASH !

Write in votes;

Bass - 2 votes ( one her own )
Lavallee - o votes ( he gave his to , Jerry Droz )

Droz - 16,786

 
At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At your age fred you should simply be happy with having the choice to get up out of bed.

 
At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is addressed to "1:04 PM"

YOU SAID IT, PAL!

 
At 6:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred...Fred...FRED! OH S**T! Someone call an ambulance.

At least he went in his sleep...

 
At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Update on write in votes;

Bass = 1,132
Lavallee 976 ( he's catching up , Bass ! )

Droz 19,654

 

Post a Comment

<< Home