Monday, January 21, 2008

It's Cold...


..and it's been cold for some time. Maybe it's just cause I'm getting older, since winters seem colder and colder as life goes on.

Looks like there might be some cold rain, slush, and maybe snow down in Sohum from the doppler radar from intellicast.com. Exciting, but not always fun when you might have to deal with it on the personal level.

The pink stuff on the radar image is the slush and near- snow. The blue stuff is light snow.

I just noticed John Driscoll wrote a piece in the Times- Standard on the January Thaw. Not sure how true that is but I remember maybe five years ago mentioning to a customer how neat it was I was working outside in a t- shirt in January. Of course, that thaw refers to a let- up in rain, not warmer temperatures.

Still...I think this year is colder than last. Don't know about the rain, although we've had more than the ten year average, so far, I think. I know we've had more than last year, at least to date.

I'll have the call the weatherdude, Jim Bernard, as I did some decades ago, and ask if this January is colder than normal. I hope it's not just me.
********
Addendum: Maybe we should wish for a volcano to erupt beneath us to warm things up?

8 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Blogger Babu said...

Awesome ! Down here 97 F .

 
At 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

97??!!

I'll take 42 degrees anytime- thanks

 
At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it was last year in January when we had ice on deck quite a few times. This year only a couple of times so far.

 
At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's hotter here on Planet Earth than it has been anytime in Thousands of Years!

Sheeesh!

Don't you read the newspapers, Fred?

 
At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It feels colder to me. But alas, I too am getting old. I did get a brain freeze when I drank water from the tap last night.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Carol said...

The frost was very pretty this morning. It is suppose to get down to the low 30's tonight.

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Joel Mielke said...

Babu writes from Argentina, and Buenos Aires is hot and sticky in January. It's like New York City in August, but it's a big country, and it's cold down in the south, even in January.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Rose said...

Definitely colder.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home