Friday, January 03, 2014

Finally Another Win

Some of you older visitors might remember one of my hobbies is entering sweepstakes and drawings. I have won some good prizes over the years but not in recent memory until yesterday. Lo and behold a surprise win, if only because I entered it once a few days ago, then forgot about it.

I've been watching the nightly Kiem TV News lately. They often mention an opinion poll on their web site regarding some news item. I wanted to participate in the poll but we usually have to computer turned off by that time. A few days ago I remembered it during the day and went to their site to see if the poll might still be up. I didn't find it, but I did find an Angelo's Ad with some news trivia quiz. 

I went ahead and answered the question(s). I don't remember what the questions were. Then in my e-mail yesterday I got notice I was one of the winners and had won a free lunch buffet and Angelo's Pizza Parlor. I was kinda stoked, even though I wonder if everybody that entered didn't also win. Normally those low value coupon prizes don't get me going but I've become a born again fan of Angelo's over the last year or so and I will take advantage of the free buffet lunch.
*******
Speaking of Angelo's, I'm hesitant to give them this plug, but I will. The reason being I don't want it to screw up our pizza delivery when all of you order on the same night. We don't have pizza delivered often. Can't afford it. Starting about a year or so ago we started ordering pizza from Angelo's, if only to support a long existing business. 

The delivery guy told us a while back that they offer two pizzas for the price of one on Tuesdays. They can be the same kind, or two different types. We kept that in mind and took advantage of it last time we ordered. I was very happy with the deal.

The wife doesn't like, or can't really handle, greasy or spicy pizzas anymore because of side effects from her bone marrow transplant. That leaves me eating the rather drab pizzas she prefers. Either that, or we could order half the pizza my kind and half hers. That just doesn't seem to work well so we usually just buy a large drab pizza, with few toppings.

We tried our first Two on Tuesday pizzas a month or so ago. We ordered one (2) medium pizzas. She ordered her usual (boring, imo) White Knight- not sure what's on that one. I thought about it for a while and then went whole hog, making mine a combination pizza. 

I haven't had a real combo pizza in years. I was in seventh heaven and stuffed my face, eating nearly the whole thing. I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed a good, spicy, loaded pizza. That Two on Tuesday deal is the perfect thing when you have two different tastes to deal with. We will be ordering that way again.

5 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Julie Timmonss said...

Can you believe I've never tried Angelos? Been a Big Louie's fan for years. Just might try it on your reccommendation.

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I like Big Louie's, too.

I really loved that combo pizza. Closest thing I've had to my old favorite at Tom's Sourdough Pizza Villa that I can think of.

I just started thinking in the last year or so that Angelo's has been here forever and seems to be one of the few remaining pizza places I felt comfortable with, along the lines of Tom's and Shakey's- the kind of place I don't feel the need to dress up to go to.

The Yelp reviews I looked at recently weren't all that good. I haven't made a review yet as I haven't actually eaten in the place in decades. We've just had stuff delivered. After my free buffet lunch I'll be sure and give one of my hard- hitting reviews.

 
At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Fred is there really a pizza place in Eureka or a restaurant for that matter that you wouldn't feel comfortable eating in if you Weren't dressed up? glad to hear they put the pizzazz back in their pizza last time I tried them about a year ago I was very disappointed after having several good pizzas from them in the past maybe it's time to give them another try next time I'm in Eureka;-)
THC

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Ernie Branscomb said...

We used to eat at Angelo's back in the late 60s early 70s. You could get them with the original crust and fresh sliced tomatoes on top. Yum.

We haven't eaten there in years, but I'm going to try them again for old times sake. I just hope that I don't become addicted again....

Congratulations Fred!

 
At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Fred:

No, not everybody wins who enters the News Quiz.

Congrats!!! Angelos is one of my favorites.

J Warren

 

Post a Comment

<< Home