Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Obamacare: Still Waiting

December 21 was when I went to the Anthem/ Blue Cross web site, filled out my debit card info, and supposedly made my first premium payment for health insurance I signed up for under Obamacare. I even received a confirmation e-mail.

Problem is, the payment still hasn't shown up in my bank account and I never received any confirmation in the regular mail confirming it. I've tried three or four times since then to call Anthem/Blue Cross, each time giving up after being put on hold for who knows how long.

I just tried calling again and they didn't even bother putting me on hold. The message just said they were unable to connect me with a representative right then and to call back. They did say they'd extended the deadline for premium payment to January 15. Do I just wait, or do I try the online payment thing again?

2 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Anonymous RefFan said...

Fred, I wld talk with ur bank first and see if they can help you in tracking that down but if they dont see anything you will need to contact Anthem and make the payment again. Farmers Ins. went thru a website redesign in August I believe and for 2 months my payment authorizations never made it to the bank but I had confirmation from Farmers. Good Luck!!

 
At 6:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://m.weeklystandard.com/blogs/bailing-out-health-insurers-and-helping-obamacare_774167.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home