Friday, September 09, 2016

The Pewetole Island Fire

The Lost Coast Outpost reports on efforts to put out a fire that developed on Pewetole Island, off the coast of Trinidad. Quite frankly, I'd never heard of the place before now.

I had to ask why they're bothering to put the fire out? After all it can't likely cross the water and threaten homes on the mainland. Someone mentioned some homeless living on the island, although how they might have made their way there I have no idea. If that's the case, why not just remove those people and take them back after the fire burns itself out.

Another comment asked me; "Why NOT put the fire out? We have the resources". Yep, we obviously do, but those resources are very expensive. Helicopters, in particular, cost a lot to operate.

I say let the fire burn itself out. I'm apparently the odd man out again as that doesn't seem to be the common line of thinking nowadays.

2 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very suspicious to me too. What's going on Dr. Jekyll?

 
At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A blowhole is nearby it. Is it a manmade island or some type of camo submarine?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home