Friday, February 18, 2011

Freddy Silenced Again?

I was just checking the comments to a My Word column that ran recently. This a result of a post over at the Humboldt Herald on that column and the Richardson Grove realignment project.

I made a comment on February 13 along the lines of what I wrote at the Humboldt Herald:

The irony of that My Word piece being that trees that have lived right next to the road for decades are still there and seem to be healthy which brought us the need for the realignment in the first place. And I’m sure they’re doing more to protect the trees in the realignment than when the road was first put through the grove, yet the trees still stand.

Looking at it just a few minutes ago, there's only 5 comments. Mine isn't there and 4 of the 5 there are anti- Richardson Grove realignment comments, the other being neutral. I'm guessing that this has something to do with using Facebook for their comments and comments are deleted after a few days? Not a good way to handle comments, I don't think, if that's the way it works.

Or did someone, somewhere, delete my comment?

6 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mouahahaha. The Antikythera Mechanism is working!

 
At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dunno, but Humboldt Herald is a complete joke.

 
At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Heraldo said...

Fred, your comment is still there, same as always.

http://humboldtherald.wordpress.com/2011/02/13/rooting-for-the-trees/#comment-130816

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I wasn't referring to my comment on Humboldt Herald. I was referring to the comment I made on the Times- Standard web site. It's gone.

I suspect it was flagged for removal by opponents, or the system dumps comments after a certain amount of time. I suspect the former.

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I notice there's only 4 comments left now. Something's going on.

 
At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the exact same thing happen when I made a comment on T-S. And I remember mine wasn't inflammatory at all. Never showed up. So I figured you needed some secret password or something and never tried again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home