Wednesday, October 11, 2006

HOPE "Voter Guide" Out

Humboldt Organized for People and the Environment (HOPE) has compiled their every election season list of the various political organization's stands on the statewide ballot initiatives. I don't see it linked to their web site so I uploaded it to my freeservers account here. It's a .pdf file so you'll need Acrobat Reader to view it.

I don't remember if it was available online last time, or not. I don't remember if I ever put it on my server. Hope everyone can open it. I think this is the first time I've used a .pdf on my server.

From looking at the list, it looks like the Humboldt Libertarians seem to have the most in common, at least as far as positions on these initiatives, with the Peace and Freedom Party. I'm curious who HOPE got their positions from. Is there a local Peace and Freedom Party representative up here?

Update: Looks like you can't access the .pdf file on freeservers. Funny how it worked for me earlier. I'll have to figure someway to make it available. Suggestions are welcome. In the meantime, if you really want to see it, I can e-mail it to any of you, provided I have an e-mail address.
*************
Ok. I think I figured out how to do this:

Hope you all can read it.


3 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger Eric V. Kirk said...

Interesting that the teachers unions and NAACP oppose 89. 89 is next on my list to investigate.

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Eric V. Kirk said...

Meanwhile the Greens wimped out on 86 and 89.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Update: HOPE Coalition has the voter guide on their web site now. Not sure if it was there before.

I e-mailed and asked them if it was online anywhere. They e-mailed me the link to their web site and it was there. When I came back here again and tried it using my bookmarked site, I got the old site without the info.

Another one of those things where if I hit my refresh button, the updated page showed up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home