Thursday, November 03, 2016

Missing Skunk


We've had a skunk hanging around outside our back door at night. It's somewhat bothersome since you never know where it will be when you go out the back door. One morning I stepped outside and it was apparently on the top stair next to the door. I only noticed a dark blob scurry down the stairs as I stepped outside.

I usually go out and night and chase him off, yelling "git, git!" and he ambles off. As of late, though, he hasn't been around. I suppose that should be a good thing but I kinda miss him. I told the wife she should make up a poster along the lines of the Lost Dog and Lost Cat posters often seen on telephone poles. That might raise some eyebrows and be fun, but she wouldn't do it.


So, I'll do it here. If you see a skunk like this one, please call us so we can determine whether it's our missing skunk. Don't just drop it off on our front porch. Heeere, little skunkster! He's my little fuzzy buddy, but I'll still chase him off if he shows up.

4 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

just remember TOMATO JUICE for when it gets too friendly

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

He is a cute little guy! 😃

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I thought I might need tomato juice a few nights back.

I went out the back door and the skunk took off running towards the back fence. Then one of our kittens slipped out the back door and went chasing after it. To make a long story short, she didn't follow the skunk very far. She just stopped on the patio and I chased her back into the house.

I figured I'd have a mess on my hands had Miss Muffett actually caught the skunk.

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

"He is a cute little guy!"

Yep. As far as I'm concerned they're cute as the dickens. It was really cute when we had a family of skunks living under our house. The little kit skunks would come to our back door, smell the cat food inside and scratch on the lower windows. They'd look up at us with their little black eyes as if pleading, "please let us have some cat food'. Cuter than a bug's ear as they say.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home