Tuesday, January 03, 2017

William Shatner Lives!

How many of you fell for the hoax that William Shatner had died? I kinda... almost did. I saw just a short mention of it on Facebook. I figured it could be true as it seems everyone is dying lately, except that was all I heard of it...on Facebook. I never saw it mentioned anywhere else. I just remembered that so googled up "William Shatner dead". I immediately found this article declaring it a hoax. Well, good for Will Shatner and all his fans.

I fell for a similar hoax a year or two ago. Well....kinda, sorta fell for it. Saw mention on Facebook that Charles Manson had died in his prison cell. That should be no surprise and I didn't think much more of it. Until later on that night I saw something on TV that made me think of it again. I asked the wife if she'd heard of Manson dying. She hadn't but seemed interested so I got my old tablet out, turned it on and looked up "Charles Manson Dead", only to find first mention of it saying it was an ongoing internet hoax started on Facebook. Oh, well. Interesting story even if it was a hoax.

Guess I'll almost believe anything if it sounds like an interesting story, well...kinda...sorta.


3 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

thats the reason facebook trying to edit FAKE news
but my question , how long will a news story like that be fake ???????
internet went wild when michael jackson died and it was an hour or so before tv news had it
how long before fake news is considered fake before its moderated and pulled from internet posts weather FB , twit , insta or whatever

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fake news inspires research.

 
At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speak of the devil.

"Mass murderer Charles Manson seriously ill, moved to hospital, sources say "

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-charles-manson-hospitalized-20170103-story.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home